Thursday, August 4, 2011

Confind

Backtrack #1

I graduated!

Well, not officially I didn't, but school's over for me /dies, and the sinister voices of working life is calling out for me. It hasn't quite dawned on me that, 'woah, this is it, you're officially going to be an adult, doing adult things like paying electric bills and drifting away from your already distant school friends and family, buying insurance wtf, enslave yourself to a lifetime of OTs and part-time jobs to pay off your education loan, et cetera. in short, you are going to die.' Sorry I'm pessimistic.

As for future plans, I have decided to give myself a year or two of break from studying. I will, eventually, pursue my undergrad degree, of course. Whenever that is.

A final showcase to exhibit our final projects, my batch, being the pioneers of The Design School at Taylor's University, was held and it was a success. Friends, family and faculty members came to lend their support and it was - as cliched as this would sound - a night to remember wtf.




That's minshen, who will be flying to UK soon and karheng who's now taking his degree in Swinburne, Australia. 


We showcased our editorial works, dangling from the ceiling for people to appreciate and read, so cool, right? wtf.


With one of my favourite lecturers of all time, who is really cool tell me where can you find a lecturer with over 30 piercings and can converse with you in Cantonese while cracking unfunny English jokes that make you fall into a fit of uncontrollable laughter? TELL ME.



A GPOY haha, it's actually the premiere of a reel we did for the graduate showcase. Check it out at the end of this post! Don't laugh ok wtf.


A few minutes before the launch - those white posters you see in this picture are designer profiles, featuring the ten pioneer graduates of the night.


Oh, the concept of this showcase is Confind: Finding Within Confinement. We, as designers, work within restrictions and limitations aka the brief. Thus, we thought that this showcase, which featured our final projects and works from other terms, would very well project the idea of solving something, within walls of confinements. 


Here's the awesome poster for the event. 


Sister and bro-in law and joelle who came to show some support /touched.



Zany lecturers I love.


Random pic of some random guy reading my book haha! And check out the t-shirt yo! Makes my day hahahaha!

Pictures credit to Jason Lee, Nicholas Yong, Rifan Gunawan




Said reel. Enjoy!

Thank you, Teddie, Min Shen, Nicholas, Rifan, Liyana, Gladys, Darul, Aqilah, Jun Yang, Kar Heng, Dennis, Mei & others.

1 comment:

  1. Dropping by to give you..er my existing address WTF I'll be stalking you wtf

    ReplyDelete