Friday, December 23, 2011

twentytwelve

In this year alone, I've come across so many people of my age that has done so well for themselves like Denny, of Lookbook and Tumblr fame or Ringo - of popular lifestyle blog fame - they have fostered a career, doing what they love. And at such a young age, no, MY age, I would love to think that I, too can get what they've got. Though I think what sets them apart are the traits of persistance and determination - and shamelessness wtf. I want that for myself. It's so inspiring, but I'm having a little trouble finding my niche. But I'm going to make it happen, no less.

However, these people I look up to, have gained success via social media/blogs. They get fame and all that in return. But I would never want the amount of fame these people have. #shy 

Maybe a little just to get some recognition eh?

So next year is all about making things happen. Okay I say this every goddamn year and did I do what I set out to do? No.

A few things I have to make sure I do accomplish next year:

1. Get braces done
wtf vanity trumps the list. I've gone to a dentist in Form 3 to get it checked out and the nice albeit inappropriately jokester woman said I'd have to remove 4 teeth. Damn scary ok because the last time I visited the dentist to remove teeth was during my teeth-fallout years (5-6 years of age) where I had to visit the dental clinic every 2-3 months wtf and then go thru primary school with two missing front teeth.(But I still grin gleefully with teeth sinfully exposed when taking pictures #likeaboss haha) Therefore I have no idea what's the pain level like and I think I have this fear of people prodding cold, metal instruments of death into my mouth and proceeds to pull out all my teeth. 

2. Get a job at an agency
A job at an advertising agency would be last on the cards because I figured it's not really what I want to do. Maybe I'll do it for the experience. Maybe. My current freelancing 'career' wtf is doing okay I guess but I'd have to up the ante if I want to reach anywhere near the level of success the people I mentioned earlier having.

3. Plan a trip abroad
I was thinking somewhere more for a learning and enriching experience wtf. Of course I have to be practical and go for Asian countries first as my spider senses tell me that I would most likely still be very poor fml next year. Like, Hong Kong. I've been admiring HK culture from afar all throughout my life via TVB that I'm so, so intrigued to feel it first hand. I want to ride in a red and white Crown Comfort taxi that so epitomizes HK ahh and nom on fresh egg tarts and have breakfast at a REAL char chan teng.

And maybe scout for potential work places because I have been eyeing the design scene in HK and I have to say, it's really awesome. 

Then after that maybe detour to places that are way out of my comfort zone like idk, China and see walk the Great Wall. Or Bangkok, Thailand! I hope to have a buddy to do this with me but I doubt so because they're probably still studying or having exams or too poor to travel or too rich to travel to Asian countries and refuse to sleep in cheap motels wtf. It's ok, make new friends!

4. Bring my creative projects to the next level
I'm currently working on a illustration-based project to expand my portfolio and also to startup a small business. Hopefully, things will work out and I will be one step closer to being a commissioned illustrator. I'm most excited about this because I really want to make a career out of this. Or at least a side income for my unmistakably growing desire to buy materialistic necessities wtf. 

5. Try Lomography
I have always admired the colours and tones of lomofied photos. But never got to dabble in it because I got my dslr. Now that it's been almost 2 years since the 450d, I want to give Holga 135 with Agfa film a try. I saw some of the pictures taken by the Holga 135 and I really like it!


Okay, goals set. Bring it on, 2012.  


No comments:

Post a Comment